Jobs @SMC | Grad-plus Internship Program
We are hiring !!
Various Positions available at Sydney Metro College Melbourne Campus
SYDNEY METRO COLLEGE PTY LTD Trading as Sydney Metro College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 41204, CRICOS No: 03427D). We currently offering Business and Accounting qualifications, which are industry-oriented and are designed to develop key skills in real business.
Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Sydney Metro College is a leading Australian VET institute that provides High Quality Education to local and International students. We currently operate in Sydney and Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the director role is responsible for supporting the continual operation and improvement of IT systems and infrastructure. You will be contributing to the enhancement of systems and operating processes, and supporting department projects.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Delivery of day-to-day operation and maintenance of hardware and systems (physical and virtual)
- Direct support and engagement with end users from office and remote locations
- Identification and application of continuous improvement initiatives relating to our operating environments
- Support implementation and delivery of new technologies
- Develop and implement control mechanisms within IT systems to facilitate reporting against compliance and security standards; and, to prevent or remediate issues of non-compliance.
- Contribute to the development of a robust and flexible IT environment within which business requirements and goals can be met, whilst maintaining a strong focus on security and resilience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Recognise hazards
- Communicate effectively
- Maintain the server and the network
- Preserve the integrity and the security of the data in the network
- Preferred but not essential – previous experience in similar role in an educational institute
- Two years of experience
- As a SMC employee you will enjoy many benefits including salary packaging, competitive remuneration and eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- Apply now to gain hands on experience with knowledgeable staff
Due to the recent growth, we are adding a new campus in Melbourne. We are seeking suitably qualified candidates for following positions for our Melbourne Campus:
- Campus Manager
- Marketing and Admissions Manager
- Marketing and Admissions Officer
- Student Services and Administration Manager
- Student Services and Administration Officer
- Trainers and Assessors for Business and Accounting Qualifications
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Campus Manager will manage the day to day operations of the campus. Providing an outstanding learning experience of the highest standard to the students, you will manage the following portfolio:
- Day to day operations
- Commercial Growth with Industry Partners and stakeholders
- Student Management
Marketing and Admissions
The Marketing Team is responsible for achieving long term customer growth and provides marketing solutions and support for the Sydney Metro College. Candidate must have a significant managerial experience in marketing roles or equivalent industry experience, along with experience in implementing integrated marketing campaigns and events.
Student Services and Administrations
The Student Services and Administration Team is responsible for providing quality service experience and managing students’ record system. You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality service to our students
- Managing student enrolments and results
- Managing academic processes including special consideration, withdrawals, deferrals and student progression
- Coordinating the student intake and set up for each study period
- Maintaining accurate student records ensuring a high level of confidentiality
Trainer and Assessors
For Trainers and Assessors positions, candidates are required to have the following:
- Have a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (with LLN).
- Have relevant qualifications in the field of subjects to be taught.
- Related industry experience Have current industry experience (obtained in Australia) in the field of subjects to be taught.
- Have met all of the Standards for RTOs 2015 requirements to be a trainer and assessor (Standard 1.13).
- Have experience in training and assessing international students (preferable).
Suitable applicants will be interviewed the earliest convenient.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, who will be required to complete an evidential professional development and currency matrix to meet current ASQA regulations.
Sydney Metro College Grad-plus Internship Program
Sydney Metro College Grad-Plus is Sydney Metro College career program for outstanding students. At Sydney Metro College our program is designed to develop your skills and open doors to exciting career opportunities. It provides the opportunity to put your educational experience into practice in a supportive environment that values personal and professional growth through education, and team support.
You will have an opportunity to gain transferable skills and experience through our customised Sydney Metro College Grad-Plus Internship Program to help you learn what you wish to learn. We are committed to create a work environment where everybody will have an opportunity to excel in their world of work.
The Grad-Plus offers flexibility, choices and opportunity than any other graduate program. We’re looking for the best graduates to join our team and we will give you the best career development program in return. For further details, please contact Sydney Metro College.
“My internship in SMC has helped me to develop my communication skills and given me a chance to learn a lot about real working environment. From providing technical support to all desktops and laptops to troubleshooting the technological errors, SMC has provided me with the opportunity to put my skills into practice in a supportive environment. My first internship experience has been very useful in increasing my career skills.”
Jacky is a skilled and adaptable graduate from Melbourne Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Networking. He has previous IT experience gained from undertaking a Computer Technician placement.Chi Lin Liao (Jacky)
“I thoroughly enjoyed my internship in SMC and now have very valuable experience under my belt. During the internship, SMC helped me a lot to learn technical skills and communication skills in the real-time work environment. I was dreading it in the beginning, but now I am so happy it was required. I know this will help me a lot when I looking for jobs and needing references”
Rajesh is a meritorious Central Queensland University Graduate. He holds master’s degree in Information Technology majoring in Networking. Rajesh has considerable experience in Customer Service in Australia and is proficient in English; he is comfortable liaising directly with customers and has proven problem solving skills.Rajesh Salamala
As an Intern at SMC I enjoyed a lot and get valuable work experience under real working environment. In the beginning I thought it would be very challenging, later I found very friendly environment to explore my knowledge and skills. SMC helped me a lot to develop my administration, accounting and communication skills throughout my intern period.”
Bijay is industrious and self-motivated graduate from Kaplan Business School. He holds Master’s degree in Accounting. And has also considerable customer service experience in retail market, comfortable with dealing customer and their complains.Bijay Kumar Upadhyaya