Advanced Diploma of Accounting
CRICOS COURSE CODE 090524D
Higher School Certificate or equivalent or Vocational Qualifications. Please contact Sydney Metro College for the further information on the entry requirement.
|Direct Entry Requirements||Minimum English proficiency level:
Recommended IELTS overall score of 5.5, or equivalent
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$8800|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||14|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: FNS60215 Advanced Diploma Of Accounting|
National code FNS60215
Title Advanced Diploma of Accounting
Units of Competency
FNSACC604 Monitor corporate governance activities
FNSINC601 Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
FNSINC602 Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
FNSACC606 Conduct internal audit
FNSACC609 Evaluate financial risk
FNSACC608 Evaluate organisation’s financial performance
FNSACC607 Evaluate business performance
*** FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals is pre-requisite for FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities, FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures is pre-requisite for FNSACC606 Conduct internal audit, FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information is pre-requisite for FNSACC608 Evaluate organisation’s financial performance and FNSACC609 Evaluate financial risk for FNS60215 ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF ACCOUNTING.
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 6.0 total or above with no band lower than 5.5 or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
- Have an intermediate to advanced level of understanding of computers and the internet
Purpose & Target Group
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional identification. Core industry competencies, commercial law, Australian taxation law, basic accounting principles and BAS agent registration are included in the entry requirement that contribute to, but do not encompass, educational requirements for providing tax agent services.
A tax agent service is any service that relates to:
- Ascertaining or advising about the liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity under a taxation law; or
- Representing an entity in their dealings with the commissioner of taxation.
A tax agent service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A Business Activity Statement (BAS) service;
- Preparing or lodging an approved form about a taxpayer’s liabilities, obligations or
• Entitlements under a taxation law;
• Giving a taxpayer advice about a taxation law that the taxpayer can reasonably be expected to rely upon to satisfy their taxation obligations; or
• Dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to a taxation law.
Persons providing a tax agent service must be registered by the Tax Practitioner’s Board and meet educational and other requirements for registration including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking tax agent registration should check current registration requirements with the Board as this is regularly under review.
The Target participants for this course are:
• People seeking positions in accounting roles within financial services sector and other industries that require accounting support functions.
• People seeking to expand their existing skill set
• International students who are either located onshore or offshore on a student visa:
Aged 18 years and over
Award Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a:
FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Wednesday-Thursday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 1 | May 22 | Jun 5 | 3 Jul | Jul 24 | Aug 21 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|
|Thursday- Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 1 | May 22 | Jun 5 | 3 Jul | Jul 24 | Aug 21 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|