BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business
CRICOS Course Code : 088105G
This course is for people desiring to work or develop their skills in a wide range of senior administrative and/or managerial positions within small, medium or large organisations in a broad range of industries. Students will learn a range of business skills such as how to develop an advertising campaign, manage human resources strategic planning, manage organizational change, contribute to organisation development, manage the marketing process and develop a marketing plan. In addition, students will learn how to manage finances and knowledge and information, enabling them to operate effectively within their job role.
For further information on this qualification; please visit
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 or
- Paper based (PBT) TOEFL score of 550 or above or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
- For direct entry into the BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business course, students are required to have at least a fully
- Completed Australian nationally-accredited qualification at AQF Level 5 or equivalent or higher or overseas qualifications in Higher Education.
For further information on entry requirements, please contact SMC.
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$4400|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||8|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business|
Sample Time Table and Intake dates for BSB60215 ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Monday – Tuesday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Jan 15 | Feb 12 | Apr 9 | May 7 | Jul 2 | Jul 30 | Sep 24|
|Monday – Wednesday (4:30pm – 9:30pm)||Jan 15 | Feb 12 | Apr 9 | May 7 | Jul 2 | Jul 30 | Sep 24|
|Monday – Tuesday (9:00am – 5:00pm)||Jan 15 | Feb 12 | Apr 9 | May 7 | Jul 2 | Jul 30 | Sep 24|
Course Structure and Mode of Delivery
There 8 units of competency in this qualification. This will be delivered over a period 23 weeks with 3 weeks of holidays, consisting of 2-3 days total of 15 hours per week of classroom based face-to-face learning and 5 hours of online learning delivered through SMC e-learning platform based on Moodle ( http://sydneymetrocollege.edu.au/SMC-E-Learning/ ) i.e., total of 20 hours per week.
Following 8 units need to be completed. These include 8 electives as per training package requirements:
Unit of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Classification|
|BSBADV602||Develop an advertising campaign||Elective
|BSBHRM602||Manage human resources strategic planning||Elective
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||Elective
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development||Elective
|BSBMKG603||Manage the marketing process||Elective
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan||Elective
|BSBINM601||Manage knowledge and information||Elective
Students will be provided with access to the following resources required to complete the qualification successfully upon enrolment:
- Tables and chairs
- Data projector
- VCR/DVD Player and TV
- Computer Lab
- Software such as Microsoft Office and MYOB
- PPT Slides
- Moodle Access
- Unit of Competency.
Assessment is structured throughout the course. If students are unable to achieve competency, additional support is provided through mentoring and access to re-assessment as outlined in our policies and procedures. Assessment requires achievement across all tasks to demonstrate competence and includes:
- Direct observation i.e., simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace.
- Product based methods i.e., reports, displays, work samples, role plays, and presentations.
- Portfolio i.e., written documents, photographs, videos or logbooks.
- Questioning i.e., written or oral questioning, conducting interviews and questionnaires.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Students with prior learning and work experience can apply for RPL. Students who have completed corresponding units of competency and/or units contained within the packaging rules can apply for Credit Transfer. For more information, see our current policies and procedures at http://www.sydneymetrocollege.edu.au/downloads/
Pathways from the Advanced Diploma of Business:
After achieving the BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business qualification, students continue their studies by advancing to higher education qualifications or other Advanced Diploma qualifications in VET.
Before enrolment, each student should ensure they meet the following requirements:
- Read and understand the complete student handbook available at http://www.sydneymetrocollege.edu.au/current-student/student-handbook/
- Read and understand all policies and procedures available as http://www.sydneymetrocollege.edu.au/downloads/
- Provide the organisation with their USI number. For more information, please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- A student may require to complete a SMC LLN test.