Advanced Diploma of Business
Cricos Course Code 088105G
Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
|Direct Entry Requirements||Minimum English proficiency level:
Recommended IELTS overall score of 5.5, or equivalent
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$4400|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||8|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: BSB60215 Advanced Diploma Of Business|
National code BSB60215
Title Advanced Diploma of Business
Industry Skills Council Innovation and Business Skills Australia
AQF level 6
Name of relevant Training Package BSB Business Services Training Package
Qualification packaging rules and requirements
8 units of competency, comprising of 8 elective units.
Elective units are relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, when required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
Units of Competency
BSBADV602 Develop an advertising campaign
BSBHRM602 Manage human resources strategic planning
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBMGT615 Contribute to organisation development
BSBMKG603 Manage the marketing process
BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
This course is for people desiring to work or develop their skills in a wide range of senior administrative and/or managerial positions within small, medium or large organisations in a broad range of industries. Students will learn a range of business skills such as how to develop an advertising campaign, manage human resources strategic planning, manage organizational change, contribute to organisation development, manage the marketing process and develop a marketing plan. In addition, students will learn how to manage finances and knowledge and information, enabling them to operate effectively within their job role.
For direct entry into this program, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Completion of the Higher School Certificate or equivalent; or
- Vocational qualifications in Business such as BSB50215 Diploma of Business, or other relevant qualifications at AQF 5 level; or
- Substantial employment experience in a range of environments, acting in a range of senior support or technical roles such as:
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator
- Executive Officer
Additional entry requirements:
- International students (from countries where English is not the first language) are expected to have a minimum English Language standard and are required to have one of the following prior to enrolling in a qualification:
- At least 50% completion of any AQF Certificate IV or Diploma qualification within Australia
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.5
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.0 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 10 weeks)
- Achieved an IELTS score of 4.5 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 20 weeks)
- Successfully completed at least 38 weeks of ELICOS study in Australia
- Successfully completed a SMC English language test
- Students of this course will be required to access computers for learning purposes and to complete course assessments. As such, learners must have beginner/intermediate computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Work, Excel, Power point and Outlook and knowledge of how to use the Internet to access information.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
On completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications from the BSB Business Services Training Package or any other training package to further enhance their career opportunities in their chosen field. Candidates may also choose to seek entry into an undergraduate degree such as a Bachelor of Business at an Australian Higher Education Provider (subject to the Higher Education Provider’s course entry requirements). Coupled with substantial employment experience (more than two years) graduates of this course may be eligible to gain entry into a number of post-graduate courses such as a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, Graduate Certificate in Management or Master of Business Administration.
Participants will also be eligible to seek employment working in a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector. Graduates with no prior work experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as Administrator, Project Officer or other related position. Graduates with substantial work experience could obtain positions such as Senior Administrator or Senior Executive.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements for this qualification
The National Reporting System informs the identification and description of underpinning English language, literacy and numeracy features and requirements within competency standards. The learner’s language, literacy and numeracy levels are expected to be equivalent to Level 3/4 of the National Reporting System.
Reading and writing – a learner will be able to read, interpret and write a range of texts within a range of complex texts within a variety of contexts.
Oral communication – a learner will be able to use and respond to spoken language within a variety of contexts.
Numeracy and mathematics – a learner will be able to recognise and use a variety of conventions and symbols of formal mathematics.
At Sydney Metro College our International students are expected to meet minimum English Language requirements in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
Award Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a:
BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Monday – Tuesday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 25 | May 15 | May 30 | Jul 3 | Jul 18 | Aug 7 | Aug 22 | Sep 25 | Oct 10 | Oct 30 | Nov 14|
|Monday – Wednesday (4:30pm – 9:30pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 25 | May 15 | May 30 | Jul 3 | Jul 18 | Aug 7 | Aug 22 | Sep 25 | Oct 10 | Oct 30 | Nov 14|
|Monday – Tuesday (9:00am – 5:00pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 25 | May 15 | May 30 | Jul 3 | Jul 18 | Aug 7 | Aug 22 | Sep 25 | Oct 10 | Oct 30 | Nov 14|