Certificate IV in Accounting
Cricos Course Code 090522F
Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
|Direct Entry Requirements||Minimum English proficiency level:
Recommended IELTS overall score of 5.5, or equivalent
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$8800|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||13|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting|
National code FNS40615
Title Cerificate IV Accounting
Unit of Competency
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC302 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC402 Prepare operational budgets
FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSACM401 Evaluate and authorise payment requests
FNSACC401 Process business tax requirements
FNSACC403 Make decisions in a legal context
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 or
- Paper based (PBT) TOEFL score of 550 or above or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
Purpose & Target Group
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions. Persons providing a BAS service for a fee or other reward (other than employees) must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
A Business Activity Statement (BAS) service is a tax agent service that relates to:
- Ascertaining liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity that arises, or could arise, under a BAS provision; or
- Advising an entity about liabilities, obligations or entitlements of the entity or another entity that arise, or could arise, in their dealings with the Commissioner in relation to a BAS provision; and
- Representing an entity in their dealings with the Commissioner of Taxation; and
- Is provided in circumstances where the entity can reasonably be expected to rely on the service for either or both of the following purposes:
- To satisfy liabilities or obligations that arise, or could arise, under a BAS provision;
- To claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a BAS provision;
- To claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a BAS provision.
Where it is reasonable to expect an entity to rely on the service for either or both of the following purposes:
- To satisfy liabilities or obligations that arise or could arise under a BAS provision;
- To claim entitlements that arises or could arise under a BAS provision.
The Association of Accounting Technicians Australia and the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) both recognise the Certificate IV in Accounting.
Upon successful completion of this course, the TPB will recognise you as having met the educational requirements to register as a BAS (Business Activity Statement) agent. This course meets the TPB’s current educational requirements for registered BAS agents, as well as the new requirements effective from 1 March 2012.
However, persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB as this is regularly under review and additional eligibility criteria apply. You should visit www.tpb.gov.au for further information.
The Target participants for this course are:
- People seeking positions in accounting roles within financial services sector and other industries that require accounting support functions.
- International students who are either located onshore or offshore on a student visa:
Aged 18 and over
Award Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a:
FNS40615 Cerificate IV Accounting
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Wednesday-Thursday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 15 | Jul 3 | Jul 24 | Aug 7 | Aug 21 | Aug 31 | Oct 9 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6|
|Thursday- Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 15 | Jul 3 | Jul 24 | Aug 7 | Aug 21 | Aug 31 | Oct 9 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6|