Certificate IV in Business
Cricos Course Code 088103K
Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
|Direct Entry Requirements||Minimum English proficiency level:
Recommended IELTS overall score of 5.5, or equivalent
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$4400|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||10|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business|
National code BSB40215
Certificate IV in Business
Industry Skills Council Innovation and Business Skills Australia
AQF level 4
Name of relevant Training Package BSB Business Services Training Package
Qualification packaging rules and requirements
10 units of competency, comprising of:
- 1 core unit
- 9 elective units
Elective units are relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, when required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
Units of Competency
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
This course is for people desiring to work as Administrators or Project Officers in small, medium or large organizations, in a broad range of industries. People in these positions use well-developed skills, possess a broad knowledge base and apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, analyzing and evaluating information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Students will learn a broad range of competencies such as implementing and monitoring WHS procedures, implementing and coordinating customer service strategies and standards, promoting team effectiveness, implementing continuous improvement and undertaking project work. Students will also learn how to support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff, implement operational plans, analyse and present research information and report on financial activity, enabling them to operate effectively in business support positions.
For direct entry into this program, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Completion of the Higher School Certificate or equivalent; or
- Vocational qualifications in Business related fields such as BSB30115 Certificate III in Business or other relevant qualifications at AQF 3 level; or
- Employment experience in Business support positions such as:
- Accounts Clerk
- Customer Service Advisor
- E-business Practitioner
- Legal Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Office Administration Assistant
- Student Services Officer
- Word Processing Operator
Additional entry requirements:
- International students (from countries where English is not the first language) are expected to have a minimum English Language standard and are required to have one of the following prior to enrolling in a qualification:
- At least 50% completion of any AQF Certificate IV or Diploma qualification within Australia
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.5
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.0 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 10 weeks)
- Achieved an IELTS score of 4.5 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 20 weeks)
- Successfully completed at least 38 weeks of ELICOS study in Australia
- Successfully completed a SMC English language test
- Students of this course will be required to access computers for learning purposes and to complete course assessments. As such, learners must have beginner/intermediate computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Work, Excel, Power point and Outlook and knowledge of how to use the Internet to access information.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
On completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake the BSB50215 Diploma of Business, BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management, or other Diploma level qualifications from the BSB15 Business Services Training Package.
Upon completion, candidates may also elect to seek employment in the business support functions of a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector. Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an Assistant or other related support positions. Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as Administrator or Project Officer.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements for this qualification
The National Reporting System informs the identification and description of underpinning English language, literacy and numeracy features and requirements within competency standards. The learner’s language, literacy and numeracy levels are expected to be equivalent to Level 3 of the National Reporting System.
- Reading and writing – a learner will be able to read, interpret and write a range of texts within a variety of contexts.
- Oral communication – a learner will be able to use and respond to spoken language within a variety of contexts.
- Numeracy and mathematics – a learner will be able to recognise and use a variety of conventions and symbols of formal mathematics.
At Sydney Metro College our International students are expected to meet minimum English Language requirements in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
Award Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a:
BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Monday – Tuesday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 24 | May 8 | May 22 | Jun 5 | Jul 3 | Jul 17 | 31 Jul | Aug 14 | Aug 28 | Sep 25 | Oct 9 | Oct 23 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|
|Monday – Wednesday (4:30pm – 9:30pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 24 | May 8 | May 22 | Jun 5 | Jul 3 | Jul 17 | 31 Jul | Aug 14 | Aug 28 | Sep 25 | Oct 9 | Oct 23 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|
|Monday – Tuesday (9:00am – 5:00pm)||Apr 10 | Apr 24 | May 8 | May 22 | Jun 5 | Jul 3 | Jul 17 | 31 Jul | Aug 14 | Aug 28 | Sep 25 | Oct 9 | Oct 23 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|