Diploma of Accounting
CRICOS COURSE CODE 090523E
Higher School Certificate or equivalent or Vocational Qualifications. Please contact Sydney Metro College for the further information on the entry requirement.
|Direct Entry Requirements||Minimum English proficiency level:
Recommended IELTS overall score of 5.5, or equivalent
|Tuition fee per term||$2200|
|Total course fee||$8800|
|Materials Fee (Per Qualification)||$100|
|Total unit of competencies||11|
|Delivery||Face-to-face and online delivery|
|Award||Candidates upon successful completion of this qualification will be issued with a: FNS50215 Diploma Of Accounting|
National code FNS50215
Title Diploma of Accounting
Unit of Competency
FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
FNSACC503 Manage budgets and forecasts
FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC507 Provide management accounting information
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports**
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports **
FNSACC405 Maintain inventory record
FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
FNSORG506 Prepare financial forecasts and projections
** BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports and FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports are pre-requisite units for FNSACC504 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities.
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 or
- Paper based (PBT) TOEFL score of 550 or above or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
Purpose & Target Group
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries. It contributes to, but does not encompass, educational requirements for providing tax agent services.
A tax agent service is any service that relates to:
- Ascertaining or advising about the liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity under a taxation law; or
- Representing an entity in their dealings with the commissioner of taxation.
A tax agent service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A Business Activity Statement (BAS) service;
- Preparing or lodging an approved form about a taxpayer’s liabilities, obligations or
- Entitlements under a taxation law;
- Giving a taxpayer advice about a taxation law that the taxpayer can reasonably be
- Expected to rely upon to satisfy their taxation obligations; or
- Dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to a taxation law.
Persons providing a tax agent service must be registered by the Tax Practitioner’s Board and meet educational and other requirements for registration including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking tax agent registration should check current registration requirements with the Board as this is regularly under review.
The Target participants for this course are:
- People seeking positions in accounting roles within financial services sector and other industries that require accounting support functions.
- International students who are either located onshore or offshore on a student visa:
Aged 18 years and over
Award Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a:
FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
|Days||Intake Dates 2017|
|Wednesday-Thursday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 1 | May 22 | Jun 5 | 3 Jul | Jul 24 | Aug 21 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|
|Monday – Wednesday (4:30pm – 9:30pm)||Apr 10 | May 1 | May 22 | Jun 5 | 3 Jul | Jul 24 | Aug 21 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|
|Thursday- Friday (8:00am – 4:00pm)||Apr 10 | May 1 | May 22 | Jun 5 | 3 Jul | Jul 24 | Aug 21 | Sep 25 | Oct 16 | Nov 6 | Nov 20|