Getting a visa

If you wish to visit Australia for study, work or live in Australia,  you will need to apply for, and be granted, an appropriate visa.

The type of visa that is right for you depends on:

  • How long you intend to stay in Australia, and
  • If you want to:

Study in Australia
Work in Australia
Live in Australia

Study in Australia

If you want to study in Australia, there are a number of student visa options available, depending on the type of study you want to undertake, including:

  • Primary or secondary study
  • Higher education
  • Post-graduate study
  • Vocational education and training
Study in Australia

For more information, please see